Re: questions on ACPI

Dear All,

I've just compiled 2.6.1 and switched onto ACPI from APM. 'acpid' is
working properly, events get recognized well. I noticed, however, that
while using APM, I was able to "suspend" my laptop by pressing "suspend"
button. It was working well, but it seems that in ACPI this is not
implemented (I presume I need to implement it by myself). Now, I was
trying to get swsusp working (swsusp2 as it's now called in kernel
tree), but I can't make it even suspend, not to mention restore the
work.

So, if anyone on the list has some good advice regarding setting up ACPI
on the laptop to actually do some work, could he/she share it?
My laptop is Compaq Armada M700.

PS: is it possible to find 'cpufreqd' equivalent for Pentium II?

thanks,

I'm fighting with suspend as well...My laptop is a DELL Inspiron 8200 and a 2.4.23 kernel. I tried the direct way (echo 3 > /var/acpi/sleep) (I'm not quite sure of the path of the sleep file) which doesn't work at all. I also tried the swsusp2 which tries to suspend and immediately comes back.

I have no answer to give you but I hope other people will.

--
Seb