Re: Linux 2.6 on a Thinkpad T40p

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 21:32, Lukas Ruf wrote:

> running
>     make all modules_install install && update-grub
> led to a very similar solution.  Strange to me: only the latest
> update-grub resulted in a menu.lst that was ordered properly.
>
> Anyway: it works -- except for the APM stuff...

Since you are running Debian, you should:
apt-get install kernel-package libncurses5-dev

Then you can:
make-kpkg kernel_image

in a directory of kernel sources and you will get a nice shiny kernel
package built.  Dealing with kernel packages is _much_ easier to track
down changes than otherwise.  It ensures that you have the modules in
sync with the kernel, it makes it easy to uninstall old versions, and it
keeps the config file there for future reference.

Highly recommended.

Cheers,
					Andrew McMillan.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053,  Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/             PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201       MOB: +64(21)635-694      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
          The world isn't worse - the news coverage is better.