Re: Suspend-to-Disk Problem

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:43:54 +0100
"Mr. Muh" <mr.muh@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> my lappy got 2.6.0 kernel (from kernel.org) witch Suspend-to-Disk
> enabled, resume partition is my swap (/dev/hda3).
>
> If I echo 4 to /proc/acpi/sleep something happends (stopping tasks,
> freeing memomey and other this i could not read fast enough), but the
> system just get back to the state i got before.

This activates Software Suspend.  If you would like to use suspend-to-disk, you need to activate it via sysfs.  See Documentation/power/pmdisk.txt (I think).  If you actually wish to use software suspend, I would suggest software suspend 2 (http://swsusp.sourceforge.net)

::snip? SNIP!::

--
| Love is the triumph of imagination over           |
|   intelligence.                                   |