Re: laptop recommendation

#include <hallo.h>
* Russell Coker [Thu, Apr 10 2003, 10:47:23AM]:

> The requirements of "not too heavy and big" and "big screen" are mutually
> exclusive.

He may have a look at the new PowerBooks which are extremely thin,
3.1Kg. Something I would buy if they were not so expensive.

> The light laptops are often 800x600, the lightest laptops that do >1024x768
> resolution seem to be about 2.5Kg.

iBook, 2.2Kg.

> > do the pentium-m chips from intel work with debian/linux
> > yet? is the wlan chip supported?
>
> What exactly is the Pentium-M chip?  I checked the Intel site recently but
> couldn't see anything about the difference between a Pentium-M and P3/P4.

Similar to Mobile Athlon but a bit better. Partially redesigned Pentium
processor, with better average CPI rate (read: 30-50 better performance
for the same clock speed) and better powermanagement. Means a bit longer
battery run time in combination with their new mobile chipset.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.