Re: laptop recommendation

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:14, florian wrote:
> im currently searching a nice laptop which works well
> with debian. basically it should have a at least 15" big
> screen and at least 1400x1050 px resolution..
>
> would be also great if it would not be too heavy and
> big.. anybody got an recommendation for that?

The requirements of "not too heavy and big" and "big screen" are mutually
exclusive.

The light laptops are often 800x600, the lightest laptops that do >1024x768
resolution seem to be about 2.5Kg.

> do the pentium-m chips from intel work with debian/linux
> yet? is the wlan chip supported?

What exactly is the Pentium-M chip?  I checked the Intel site recently but
couldn't see anything about the difference between a Pentium-M and P3/P4.