vobis power 2000+ XI - a good choice to buy?

Hi,

I\'m thinking about buying a Vobis Power 2000+ XI notebook and I want to run debian on it.
I\'m a total newbie and I don\'t know, what problems I may be confronted with when trying
to install linux on a laptop.
I\'ve heard that it can be quite a problem to get drivers for all the components and that it\'s often
difficult to get everything work - so I don\'t know, if this
notebook is a good choice or I should better buy an other one.

Here some facts about the notebook (I don\'t have detailed information):

processor:  AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2000+
system chipset: Mitac VT 8372 Pro Savage DDR
graphic: S3 Savage8 GFX
DVD/CDRW : seems to be Matshita UJDA 740 DVD/CDRW

Are there any problem known with these components?
Can anyone give me some advice?

Greetings, Manuela