laptop-net installs incompletely

Hi List,

following problem:

After installing

laptop-net_2.7-1_i386.deb

there is no /etc/init.d/laptop-net

thus I can't run

/etc/init.d/laptop-net scheme {name}

as I should be abled to if I want to use that tool.

I did "dpkg-reconfigure laptop-net" and "update-rc.d laptop-net default"
which of course did only give an error that ther is no
/etc/init.d/laptop-net.

I remember it worked after the basic installation of my system, but even
after several "apt-get remove" and "apt-get install" I didn't get it
back in the basic way.

And by the way, what can be wrong if my eth0 is not enabled during
bootup? I allways have to "ifup eth0" it, then it works fine.

Any comments?

Regards
Lars