Re: your mail

Mike Beattie wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 09:21:11AM -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:

I've reinstalled pcmcia-cs just to make sure that I _do_ have a default
network.opts (attached).

It's not. you need to purge it, then install it.

Doh...Still, the difference isn't the problem since we see ifup not
working...

Mar 20 09:07:01 casio.othello.dyn.ca /etc/hotplug/net.agent: invoke ifup eth0
Mar 20 09:07:10 casio.othello.dyn.ca cardmgr[308]: + /sbin/ifup: interface eth0 already configured

Get rid of hotplug, it's getting there 'first'.

If it is, then its a problem - since I need hotplug for the USB.  I'll
pull it tomorrow and see, but I really don't think this is the problem -
if they really are both running ifup, then either one working is good
enough. This is presumably why the sid version of pcmcia-cs specifically
skips doing ifup/ifdown if it finds the hotplug program.  I suppose that
both trying to run at once might make _neither_ work.

Anyway, thanks for the help and I'll see what happens tomorrow when I
have a network card.