Re: Battery life recovery

I'm no expert here, but from what I can tell by reading the last week's posts,

FULL DRAINS ARE BAD FOR LI-ION

I'd say that's your main problem, and since you're now draining it to 4%, it sounds like your battery might start degrading more rapidly. (I have no idea about the truth of that latter statement)

If your laptop has a bay that can fit a second battery, that might be a really wise choice - draining two batteries to 50% rather than draining one to 5% would probably preserve the lives of both.

Or if you can buy a NiMH battery for your laptop, from what I can tell that type of battery would be much better suited for the type of strain you're putting on it.

If you're riding in a carpool or something of the sort, maybe you could buy a car adapter? But from the sounds of it I'm thinking you're riding public transportation, like a subway or a bus.

As far as an 8-hour work day goes, keeping the battery in there for that amount of time probably isn't going to have major effects; what's really hurting your battery is those full drains.

-David