Re: wireless network problems

On Saturday 27 December 2003 09:53 pm, Tim Folger wrote:
> Hi Nate,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. Here's what iwconfig produces: (I had to
> copy it by hand and reboot into windows)
>
> lo no wireless extensions
>
> eth1 IEEE 802.11-DS ESSID: 1ecb13: Nickname: "Folger"
> Mode: Managed   Frequency: 2.412GHz Access Point: 00:02:2D:1E:CB:13
> Bit Rate=11Mb/s  Tx-Power=15dBm  Sensitivity:1/3  RTS thr:off
> Fragment thr:2347B  Encryption key: off Link Quality:27/92 Signal
> level: -69dBm
> Noise level:-96dBm
> Rx invalid nwid:0   Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag: 0
> Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

Hi Tim,

Sorry it's been a while since I replied, I was travelling to Texas for
holidays.

From reading this message and some of the follow-ups it sounds like the
card is working perfectly and associating with the Access Point, and
the problem is in either getting an IP address (DHCP problem, or dhcp
packages not installed) or routing.

How is it coming along, did you have any luck in getting it to talk to
the rest of the network?  Do you have a DHCP server somewhere on your
network and do you have your network scripts set up to use DHCP, or
were you planning to use a static address and set the router IP
appropriately?

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com