Re: Wireless and 2.6 status ?

On 31 Dec 2003, Andrew McMillan<andrew@catalyst.net.nz> stated:
> On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 00:16, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>>>
>>> to this:
>>> ===============================================
>>> PCMCIA=yes
>>> PCIC=yenta_socket
>>> PCIC_OPTS=
>>> CORE_OPTS=
>>> CARDMGR_OPTS=
>>> ===============================================
>
> That's the one I have nowadays.
>
>> I have tried the 2 configurations above but still have problems. It
>> seems to me that I have new problems. Now whenever I plug my WIFI
>> card, I have messages like this:
>>
>> ,----
>>> Dec 31 12:11:03 totoz cardmgr[1510]: socket 0: Linksys WPC11 11Mbps
>>> Dec 31 12:11:802.11b WLAN Card 03 totoz kernel: orinoco_cs:
>>> Dec 31 12:11:RequestIRQ: Unsupported mode 04 totoz cardmgr[1510]:
>>> Dec 31 12:11:get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily
>>> Dec 31 12:11:unavailable
>> `----
>
> You have disabled ISA Bus - you need to re-enable it.

Hmm I thought that ISA was useless, am I wrong then ?

>> Maybe you can send to me either your /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and tell
>> me how you did configure you WIFI card (using /etc/network/interfaces
>> or using the built-in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts ?).
>
> I use whereami (I wrote it). Essentially this uses
> /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts, but these have not changed for me to go
> from
> 2.4.23 -> 2.6.0.

whereami ? What's that ? If you use Debian and wireless-tools you
should use /etc/network/interfaces file no ? Can you tell me more about
whereami and how to use it then ?

>>> The only problems I have had getting my WLAN to work with 2.6.0 so
>>> far have been in disabling the ISA BUS support (hey, I won't need
>>> that will I? Yup, you will). Once I re-enabled it everything is
>>> working
>>
>> I have removed ISA support from kernel too but obviously that didn't
>> fix anything here.
>
> Nononono!  That's what you _shouldn't_ do :-(

Rhaaaa ! :) Ok let's try re-enabling it..

Thank you for your help

zeDek
--
 In Gruuik we trust