[OK] Brand new kernel 2.4.23 freezes my laptop

Hello,

Yesterday I got the solution...

A very stupid thing : the tutorial I followed was designed for a ext3 filesystem, and put the ext2 fs in module... but as I boot on an ext2 partition... ;-)

Then the black screen : I didn't enable the framebuffer in my kernel and asked in lilo.conf to display vga=791... No way !

Now everything is fine.

Except 2 more things :

- ALSA and XMMS : I managed to compile the ALSA module for my SiS7012 and it works under KDE (OSS emulation enabled). But I just can't find any pluggin alsa-xmms for woody... do you know where I can find one ?

XMMS with ALSA works great except : when I press "play" I have to wait several minutes because it is frozen. Then, music begins...

I tried ALSA-Player but for the moment it doesn't work.

- Direct Rendering Manager : I had to disable it for my SiS 650, although I left the AGP, because I just couldn't compile my 2.4.23 kernel. Someone told me to have a look at DRI Project, but how can I include it in my kernel ?

SiS650 owners on woody, have you tried ?

Thanks