Re: Brand new kernel 2.4.23 freezes my laptop

Le lun 22/12/2003 à 12:10, Guillaume Duveau a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I decided to compile my own 2.4.23 kernel for my Gericom Webshox
> (Pentium4, SiS 5513, SiS 650 video, SiS 900 Fast ethernet, SiS 7012
> Audio). I've downloaded the sources from www.kernel.org and I followed
> instructions at
> http://people.via.ecp.fr/~alexis/formation-linux/config-noyau.html
> (in french).

Did you enable CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC option ?

I notice a lot of problems with this option enabled on my acer inpire
1700 laptop which is build around SiS chipsets like yours...

I disabled it, and it runs !

hope it helps,

> Have a clue ?

If not, i don't know.

regards,

Benoit

--
Also we should remember that unfortunately free software
is not widely used because people prefer to have something