Re: Debian on a 486sx thru PCMCIA NIC

David,

I have exactly the same problem with my laptop. It is a compaq presario
1600, and pcmcia will not work during the installation process. Usually it
comes up after rebooting, but I never found out why.

Another quirk is that the "discover" package seems to interfere with
pcmcia on my laptop. When I have that installed to set up X, pcmcia will
only work through the hotplug facility. Removing discover solves this
problem.

Regards,

Arjen