Re: Debian on a 486sx thru PCMCIA NIC

Dear Fred,

thank you for your reply ;-).

> The way I usually bypass not having a cd on a laptop is that I install
> the drivers, configure pcmcia, install the nic (usually from the
> console) and then just configure the network. After that everything
> works as usual.

Ok, but... any idea how I could "install the drivers"? The drivers-1.bin
diskette doesn't seem to work for me. And I am not a Linux guru so I can't
really figure out any way to do it other than copying the drivers to
another diskette and "insmod"ing the three .o files. And that doesn't
work, I get that "Device or resource busy" when loading sd.o...

Any suggestion?
Thanks!
Gerlando