Re: Configuration problem for wireless card with sid

Hi again

Thanks for Your responses...i made som headway.

it turns out my binding didnt work because of some kind of asccii problem
i think, i had "Belkin" and that didnt work but "belkin" did.

Anyway my card is initializing as it should however i'm having problems
getting settings to take. i can set the wep encryption key but i cant set
the essid using iwconfig...which ofcourse means it cannot connect to the
accesspoint...somewhere there is a slight problem but where to find it?

i have noted that apparently wireless.opts doesnt need to be used at all,
once can simply put the relevant info in the interfaces file (see

As always pointers are welcome.