Re: Two fixed network cards

I have a slightly different situation,  at home my machine has a fixed
static address in my local network.  But at school it uses dhcp.  Both
places use wired ethernet so I only deal with 1 eth0 here.  So is there
a way / or tool that can help me do this task

Ask where am I :   if (home)  {set eth0 to use this static config} if
(school) {set eth0 to use dhcp}

what I am having now is 2 /etc/network/interface file, one for home ,
one for school and I have to change them according to where am I.  An
automated task would be good.

Thanks