[OT] help in bios update for a japanese laptop (I can't read/speak japanese)

Hello, sorry for the extremely off-topic, but a bios update for my
laptop is badly needed...

Of course my laptop at least runs Debian :) even if a small win2k
partition still survives for this kind of tasks...

The story:
I own a vaio gr7/k, a japanese model, I bought during a Tokyo
vacation in 2001 (oh... japan is such a wonderful place...)

Note: gr7/k is very similar to gr170k(US) and gr214MP (EU) so if anybody
who already did that could also tell his experience.

I'm looking for a (maibe native) japanese speaking guy who can briefly
help in making me understand how to udate the bios of the beast.
Sony support in italy carries 20EUR to talk to an autoresponder...

the instruction page is at
http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/PK-000023-01.html

I downloaded the linked file (PK-000023-01.exe) that contains:

bios.rom
crisboot.bin
crisdisk.bat
makeboot.exe
minidos.sys
phlash.exe
platform.bin

as I understand from the *crisisdisk.bat* file a floppy drive is nedded
but this laptop is not equiped with such a device :P

So please, can somebody help? If you feel this post is way too much OT,
feel free to answer me directly.

thanks in advance
--
mattia