Re: Kernel 2.6 and Dell Inspiron laptop

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 11:46:23PM +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Satellite, and I would say that ACPI support is awesome.
> The ACPI support available in 2.4.xx (patches from the ACPI project) always
> errored out on my laptop, saying that it was on the blacklist becuase the
> BIOS did not correctly implement the ACPI spec.  However, in the 2.6.x kernels
> the ACPI works perfectly (although I haven't played too much with the suspend),
> even being able to work around the problems with the implementation from
> Toshiba.

<mode=Martin>
What Toshiba Satellite Model ?

Satellite is a whole branch of notebooks, that spread from
oldish ones (I have a 420CDS, which is a Pentium 100 with
40Mb of RAM, with APM) to the newest ones like the 3000
(legacy-free, 200Mb of RAM...)

So the Model no. would be quite important.
</mode>

:-)

Seriously, you can't just say "Toshiba Satellite".

/Y

--
This signature left empty.