Re: Kernel 2.6 and Dell Inspiron laptop

Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> writes:

 >  --- Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> escribió:

[...]

>  I have a Toshiba Satellite, and I would say that ACPI support is
>  awesome.  The ACPI support available in 2.4.xx (patches from the ACPI
>  project) always errored out on my laptop, saying that it was on the
>  blacklist becuase the BIOS did not correctly implement the ACPI spec.
>  However, in the 2.6.x kernels the ACPI works perfectly (although I
>  haven't played too much with the suspend), even being able to work
>  around the problems with the implementation from Toshiba.

My model is quite buggy too with ACPI so I have to stay with my APM
which doesn't satisfy me fully but better than nothing. ASA I will have
a running 2.6 on this machine, I will let ACPI another try just in case
progresses have been done.

>  As far as the .config, you can check mine out at
>  http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~ro668344/config-2.6.0-test3-mm1-1 I know

Yep thanks for the hint.

--
alt.personals       Geek seeks Dweeb. Object: low-level interfacing.