Re: experience with late model laptops?

Micha Feigin <michf@math.tau.ac.il> writes:

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 19:57, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> >  Did you ever saw a sony VAIO such as the Z1 model ?? I don't think
> >  so otherwise you wouldn't have said that.
> >

>  The Sonys look nice I admit, although to my taste the powerbook g4 is
>  much more elegent. On the other hand sony don't have a customer

Still a matter of taste :)

>  service worth s$%# what so ever, so I am not planning on touching
>  another sony laptop anyway.  Please forgive my language, but as far
>  as Sony is concerned I fill that was talking politely.

According to few people I know, there are no problem with sony customer
service. Maybe those guys were pretty lucky ? On the other hand, I(d
rather not have to contact any customer service (good or bad customer
service) :) What I want is a replacement to my now old dell laptop.

> > >  functionality, if you what you want is multimedia processing then
> > >  that the way to go, and considering that OSX is now unix based
> > >  its even better.  As for a linux platform, it can be a little
> > >  more difficult the a pc, but works quite well. For me it is a
> > >  problem with the missing mouse buttons.
> >
> >  I mainly use PC to develop. Personnaly, I'd rather use dedicated
> >  materials to read/play audio and video :) Ok I have to admit I also
> >  (sometimes) listen to music and things like that but my main
> >  interest in computer science is development ;)
> >

>  Well, I was talking about multimedia development (i.e editing,
>  rendering etc.), and as far as after effects etc. goes, a mac is
>  dedicated equipment, short of a smp silicon graphics, but that is
>  going off topic I'm afraid.

I do develop multimedia project (I have been involved in videolan
project e.g.) and I have at my disposal tons of machines at home (6 to
be accurate) so for convenience, I prefer developing onto my laptop and
do my tests onto other machines ;) Weird indeed ? :)

zeDek
--
"Sie werden lachen, ich kann überhaupt nicht lesen."
		Revisionist Manfred Koch erlaeutert die Probleme der