Re: experience with late model laptops?

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:16:01PM +0100, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Macs ? Cute ? Don't think so.

Troll :p

The question isn't wheather Macs are cute or not, but
whether cute is good or not.

> My taste for a new notebook are these: centrino, HDD of 40Go (minimum),
> 256Mo of RAM, good Linux support, good tech team, less than 3000€.

I have nothing to say about support, however Intel's
behaviour about Linux support on the Centrino would deter me
from buying from them (especially buying "specifically that
particular unsupported" architecture), see Werner's recent
post on the state of the onion:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2003/debian-laptop-200308/msg00041.html

I'm still at a loss as why manufacturers want to make their
specifications secret... It's like selling a toaster and not
telling you what buttons to use to toast bread.

/Y - what was the best thing before sliced bread?

--
This signature left empty.