Re: experience with late model laptops?

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 19:57, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Micha Feigin <michf@math.tau.ac.il> writes:
>
> On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 12:17, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> > >  Yves Rutschle <y.rutschle@indigovision.com> writes:

> > >  No troll here just my personnal taste :)

> > >  Indeed.
> > >

> >  Well, they are certainly much prettier then any pc I know.  As for
>
> Did you ever saw a sony VAIO such as the Z1 model ?? I don't think so
> otherwise you wouldn't have said that.

The Sonys look nice I admit, although to my taste the powerbook g4 is
much more elegent. On the other hand sony don't have a customer service
worth s$%# what so ever, so I am not planning on touching another sony
laptop anyway.
Please forgive my language, but as far as Sony is concerned I fill that
was talking politely.

> >  functionality, if you what you want is multimedia processing then
> >  that the way to go, and considering that OSX is now unix based its
> >  even better.  As for a linux platform, it can be a little more
> >  difficult the a pc, but works quite well. For me it is a problem with
> >  the missing mouse buttons.
>
> I mainly use PC to develop. Personnaly, I'd rather use dedicated
> materials to read/play audio and video :) Ok I have to admit I also
> (sometimes) listen to music and things like that but my main interest
> in computer science is development ;)

Well, I was talking about multimedia development (i.e editing, rendering
etc.), and as far as after effects etc. goes, a mac is dedicated
equipment, short of a smp silicon graphics, but that is going off topic
I'm afraid.