debian on armada m300
My Compaq Armada m300 notebook (with docking station) is currently
running Mandrake 8.1 and W2K. I'd like to install woody in a free 2GB
partition and, eventually, wipe both other OSs from the system if the
installation is successful.
I googled through the mailing list and the m300 is often mentioned as
a solid machine for running Debian. However, as this is my first time
with Debian so I'd like to look first before I leap!
* Which 2.4.* kernel runs well?
* Does the installer correctly recognise the ethernet card?
* ... graphics chipset?
* ... sound card?
* Do the ltmodem packages work well with the machine's winmodem?
* Does apm suspend work (memory left powered)?
* What about hibernation (memory saved to disc and then left
* Does hot-swapping or cold-swapping of the docking station work?
Any advice or reports of success would be gratefully received.
James Leifer, INRIA Rocquencourt