Re: [svlug] Replacing Stolen laptop

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:10:38 -0700
Larry Colen <lrclug@red4est.com> wrote:

> I noticed that Emperorlinux.com has three laptops in that size range
> for around $1900. The Piranha (fujitsu p-2120)  seems pretty nice:
> http://www.emperorlinux.com/piranha.html

Emperorlinux is very expensive for what they offer.

If you are competent at installing Linux you can get the same computer
somewhere else for several hundred dollars less and install Linux yourself.

I'd recommend picking something you think you'd like, then checking
linux-laptops.net to see who has installed Linux on it and what problems
they had.

Kevin