Replacing Stolen laptop

Good news, it looks like homeowners insurance will buy me a
"comparable" laptop to replacey my Gateway Liberty. I hope that they
don't require my new one to be a 486. :)

What I would be looking for is a small notebook, the Liberty was about
8 1/2 x 11 that runs well on Linux. Insurance would want it to be a
"base model" as the Liberty didn't have a lot of features, besides
its small size.

Reccomendations? Units to avoid?

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.