Re: Laptop Losing Time

In article <[🔎] 20030620180553.GA31939@jcop.homelinux.com>
jcoppock1@attbi.com writes:
>My laptop, a Dell Latitude C610 running Sarge, has been losing time to
>the tune of about 15-20 minutes every 12 hours.

Is this happening when the system is off or when the system is booted
into debian?  If the former, then there is a problem with the
motherboard timekeeping.  If it is the latter, and the rate is
constant, you can compensate with the tickadj command.  For my Dell
inspiron 8200, I use tickadj 10270 (2.7% fast) to get it close enough
to keep in sync with ntp.  The tickadj only takes affect until the
system is shut down, so I put it into an init script.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html