Re: Dell 8000 problems -- 4-way split screen

Nori Heikkinen wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to install debian on a Dell Inspiron 8000.  It's being a
little less cooperative than the desktop systems I'm used to!
My main problem right now is that on the console (i haven't even
gotten X up yet), the screen is normal for the top quarter, and then
redraws itself ontop of itself beginning at the 1-quarter, half, and
3-quarter marks.  The result is pretty legible for the second quarter,
but absolutely illegible at the bottom.

Try pressing 'Fn-F7' (or whichever key on your keyboard has the little 'font' label. It's F7 on my Inspiron 4100) to change the screen font.