Re: Toshiba laptops & Debian

> Once I buy a laptop, I am planning to partition its hard drive
> so I could use both Windows XP and Debian.  Are there any
> special specifications or configerations of the laptop that I
> should look for when I shop around?

The Toshiba Tecra S1 is equipped with Centrino, see
http://tuxmobil.org/centrino.html for Linux on these machines.
There is also the Linux-Mobile-Guide a HOWTO which
has some recommendations about how to choose a laptop brand
http://tuxmobil.org/howtos.html
And a manufacturer survey, which contains a list of most
popular brands among Linux laptops users
http://tuxmobil.org/laptop_manufacturer.html

	Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86