Toshiba laptops & Debian

Hi everybody,

 I am very very new to Linux, and hoping to buy a laptop that is most compatible with Debian.  Could anyone please provide me with comments on Debian GNU/Linux and Toshiba laptops (or more specifically Tecra S1 1.4 GHz) compatability, and perhaps suggest which laptop I might consider apart from Toshiba.

Once I buy a laptop, I am planning to partition its hard drive so I could use both Windows XP and Debian.  Are there any special specifications or configerations of the laptop that I should look for when I shop around?

Thank you very much folks.

Cheers

Tempo