Xfree 4.2.1-6 with ATI Rage Mobility...

Hi,
Since i updated my debian sarge on my Dell laptitude CPxJ 650 (with an ATI Rage Mobility video card), that installed a new version of xfree (to the 4.2.1.6 version), i can not use the crt port to display X on a monitor (it continue to works fine with the lcd). When i try to display X on the monitor (with Fn+F7), the monitor display something during about 0.1 second with a bad resolution and after the display disappears (Note that it works very fine when i do not use X). In the same way, the atitvout software works fine when i use it in a text mode, but it write this error when i use it in X mode :
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!

Can somebody help me ?

PS : My XF86COnfig-4:
### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 server configuration file) generated by dexconf, the
# Debian X Configuration tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the XF86Config-4 manual page.
# (Type "man XF86Config-4" at the shell prompt.)
#
# If you want your changes to this file preserved by dexconf, only make changes
# before the "### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION" line above, and/or after the
# "### END DEBCONF SECTION" line below.
#
# To change things within the debconf section, run the command:
#   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
# as root.  Also see "How do I add custom sections to a dexconf-generated
# XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file?" in /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz.

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"unix/:7100"			# local font server
	# if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
	FontPath	"/var/lib/defoma/abiword-common.d/dirs/ISO-8859-1"
	FontPath	"/var/lib/defoma/abiword-common.d/dirs/ISO-8859-15"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load	"GLcore"
	Load	"bitmap"