Re: PCMCIA Failure on Kernel Recompile

Well, I did try downloading pcmcia-sources and installing pcmcia-cs,
since the kernel support wasnt working, but I did have kernel support
working for me before, so this was more a last-resort than anything else.

When I unplug the card, I get one high beep. When I reinsert it, I get a
high beep followed shorty by another high beep. On boot, the beeps I
believe to be associated with PCMCIA support (same beeps made when
initializing the kernel module for it on a Debian installation) are one
high, one low.

In /proc/interrupts, we have:

     CPU0
0:    3858000   XT-PIC   timer
1:    308       XT-PIC   keyboard
2:    0         XT-PIC   cascade
3:    1733      XT-PIC   3c574_cs
8:    3         XT-PIC   rtc
11:   2512      XT-PIC   ESS Maestro2E Texas Instriuments PCI1225, Texas
Instruments PCI1225 (#2)
12:   239       XT-PIC   PS/2 Mouse
14:   40352     XT-PIC   ide0
NMI:  0
ERR:  0
MIS:  0

I tend to think this is not a kernel issue per se, as I did reinstall the
old, previously working image with no success. I suspect Kevin McKinley
is right in his suggestion that I stomped on the modules when making the
new kernel image with make-kpkg. I have managed to get some weird
messages about modules not corresponding when making new kernel-images
trying to fix this, now, so that seems a likely culprit.

Hopefully he or someone else can help me resolve this,

Thanks for all the replies.