Re: PCMCIA Failure on Kernel Recompile

I tried that. The laptop beeps when I insert and remove the card,
implying that at least some feature of CardManager is working, but I
still cannot bring up the interface. I am sure this has to do with my
reinstallation of my new kernel, but not the kernel itself; as I
installed the old kernel package and it did not fix the problem. I would
assume that somehow I  failed to reinstall the proper modules, but I even
downloaded pcmcia-source (something I didn't have to do before, since the
proper support was compiled in) and made the proper modules package as
well, installing that with the kernel package. No dice, however.

I suppose I could try downoading the 2.4.18bf2.4 kernel package (that is
the kernel version I originally ran, before my first, successful
recompile when I first installed) and see if it works, but I don't see
why it should, since the kernel package that did work before doesn't
either. Apparently something is wrong with my installation procedure,
which I am following fairly closely from here
http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-kernel.en.html (Debian
Standard Method, 7.1) and following, as far as I can recall, exactly to
how I have done it always in the past.

Any more help? Thanks!