Re: 3d Acceleration Radeon 7500M - Tuxracer runs really slow!

hmm... running glxgears  from console gives me a blank screen.

and a frame rate of only 550 odd FPS: 2773 frames in 5.0 seconds = 554.600 FPS

nothing odd seems to come up in dmesg or xf86.log

changed colour depth to 16, still get blank screen, but frame rate improved to: 5299 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1059.800 FPS

I don't spose you could send me your XF86Config-4 could you I might be able to figure out what is wrong by looking at it..

I have included my log and current config in this post, if you'ld like to have a look, although I can understand if you don't want to...!

Thanks,

Ben

Joao Pedro Clemente wrote:
Can you run glxgears? Do you actually see the gears? and you do have a
frame rate between 6000-9000?

I have my display modes set to "1400x105" "1280x1024" "1024x768".
Tuxracer works fine. (Btw, what color depth are you using? Try 16)

I almost bet your problem is not tux-races specific...
Also, check your kernel log (dmesg) and your Xfree log to see if they say
something when you try to run something dri accelerated...