Re: How many of you?

On Friday 02 May 2003 06:53 am, matt zagrabelny wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 07:35, Craig Genner wrote:
> > Reading this list with interest a thought occurs to me.
> >
> > How many of you have actually installed linux on a laptop and not had to
> > configure more than one or two programs to get a working system.
> >
> > I'm not talking about configuring it to how you like it, I'm talking
> > about it just working so that you can get the work done with no fuss.
> >
> > Craig
>
> count me in too, thinkpad t21. still tweaking things, but sound works,
> xfree 4.3 installed. very usable system, easy install.

I did a Thinkpad A21e with no problems.  As long as one knows the exact
hardware, and the hardware is supported, there should be no major problems.

It took me a while to get the winmodem working and also my Intel Pro/2011
wireless NIC.  I tried Redhat 8 and Redhat 9 but they were sooooo slooow.
Debian rocks on my laptop.  Love it.

Andy