Re: can't restore from suspend

oops

I don't have any excuse for missing this except that I have to admit not having read the beginning of this thread...

You're running a 2.4 kernel. Pavel Machek, who is at least partially - probably mostly - responsible for S3/S4 support for ACPI, has stated that it will never be possible to support S3 on a 2.4 kernel. So that explains what happens when you write "3" to /proc/acpi/sleep.

I still think your real problem is not ACPI, but it's guaranteed that S3 is going to fail for you...

Sorry for missing that.

derek