Re: [Thinkpad] keyboard problem / keys stay locked

Hi,

I had the very same problem with my R32 and it was driving me nuts big time. I
called IBM and they told me I can send it in. But since two weeks the
problems are totally gone. (Before that even more keys were beginning to get
stuck - I deleted half of my inbox when I pressed the "Delete" Key to remove
some spam email.)

The whole trick was to use ACPI. I got myself the 2.4.21-pre5 kernel and
patched it with acpi-20030228-2.4.21-pre4.diff.gz (the latest available at
that time). Furthermore you need to get the ECDT overrides from
http://poupinou.org/acpi/ibm_ecdt.html to make ACPI work (buggy firmware).
Using this new kernel the keyboard works like a charm, BUT all the buttons
stop working, the battery information is gone, the Thinklight doesn't work
anymore and the brightness buttons have no effect anymore. I find it a lot
more important to be able to type, though.

BTW, I had a de_DE layout and changed that to an en_US layout (both had the
problem).

It seems like the hardware somehow depends on ACPI being active...

If you somehow find more information let me know.

--
C'ya
        Matthias