Re: [Thinkpad] keyboard problem / keys stay locked

Matthias> Hi, I had the very same problem with my R32 and it was driving
Matthias> me nuts big time. I called IBM and they told me I can send it
Matthias> in. But since two weeks the problems are totally gone. (Before
Matthias> that even more keys were beginning to get stuck - I deleted
Matthias> half of my inbox when I pressed the "Delete" Key to remove
Matthias> some spam email.)

I have the same problem with the R30.  Not only that, but sometimes the
[Home], [End], [Up] and [Left] keys don't respond.  It only seemed to
start happening recently (about a month or two ago).  (The R30 and R32
have different chipsets, but I guess they must share a few components.)

Matthias> The whole trick was to use ACPI. ...

I never managed to get ACPI to work properly, but I will try the ECDT
overrides.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA