Re: [Thinkpad] keyboard problem / keys stay locked

On  0, Matthias Kretz <Matthias.Kretz@urz.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> The whole trick was to use ACPI. I got myself the 2.4.21-pre5 kernel and
> patched it with acpi-20030228-2.4.21-pre4.diff.gz (the latest available at
> that time). Furthermore you need to get the ECDT overrides from
> http://poupinou.org/acpi/ibm_ecdt.html to make ACPI work (buggy firmware).
> Using this new kernel the keyboard works like a charm, BUT all the buttons
> stop working, the battery information is gone, the Thinklight doesn't work
> anymore and the brightness buttons have no effect anymore. I find it a lot
> more important to be able to type, though.
>
> It seems like the hardware somehow depends on ACPI being active...
>
> If you somehow find more information let me know.

Well this actually sucks. It seems the whole timing issue screws up, if
ACPI isn't enabled. I already tried the patched ACPI stuff, because of
the wrong time, but i didn't manage to to run it succesfull. Considering
the early state of ACPI in 2.4.x, it seems we have to wait for 2.6.x
for stable ACPI support.

At the moment i sum up for 2.4.x on the R32:

APM:
working suspend to ram mode
working standby
working buttons