Re: USB-Mouse... did I tried everything?

    "Peter" == Peter Simon <psimon-lists@web.de> writes:

    Peter> Hi list, I've a Clevo 2200/2700c laptop with a logitech
    Peter> USB-optical mouse.  Seachring the web I found a few
    Peter> how-to's to get an USB-mouse working under linux... I tried
    Peter> everyone ;-)

    Peter> I've build a kernel (woody / 2.4.20 - vanilla source) with

    Peter>  Input core support Mouse supoort USB OHCI USBHID

    Peter> static compiled into it.

    Peter> I made the device with mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63

    Peter> But "cat /dev/input/mice", put out nothing. The cusor
    Peter> stands even when i move the mouse.

You should get something. I would think you missed a few modules. For
that reason I suggest you start with a prebuilt 2.4.18 or 2.4.20
kernel since it is a little easier to experiment with them than
re-compiling kernels.

I use a logitech USB optical mouse and a USB keyboard, and on
2.4.18-k7 with the hotplug package I see

~$ /sbin/lsmod | grep usb
usbkbd                  2944   0 (unused)
usbmouse                1792   0 (unused)
input                   3424   0 [keybdev usbkbd mousedev hid usbmouse]
usb-uhci               21508   0 (unused)
usbcore                49696   1 [usbkbd hid usbmouse usb-uhci]
~$

BTW I do not load any of these explicity, hotplug does it for me
fine. This is on a stock Woody system.

Cheers!
Shyamal