eepro100 and Irda on Dell Inspiron 8000

Hola~

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8000. I've been using the 2.4.12 kernel without
incident for quite some time. I bought an irda device, and wanted to use my
laptop to sync it.

I added Irda support, as a module, rebuilt the kernel (using make-kpkg).

On trying to load the kernel, the eepro100, which I built into the kernel,
loses it's lunch.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else able to get both the eepro driver
and irda to be happy together?

MO

--
Michael O'Brien                                                         Tools
Pixar                                                       mobrien@pixar.com

PETE:    Who elected you leader of this outfit?
ULYSSES: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for
         abstract thought.