Re: USB-Mouse... did I tried everything?

Hi Simon,

> So my question is: Do I ever get an output if I "cat /dev/input/mice" as I read.

Yes, you should - moving the mouse while running cat on the device should
return some garbage, at least.

I believe the order of module loading matters, as I stumbled over that
when CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT was introduced with one of the newer 2.4.x
kernels.

Load order on a Dell 81K:

usbcore
usb-uhci	(ohci for your SIS chipset)
input
hid
mousedev

hid appears as unused with lsmod, however, AFAIK hid registers with input
and afterwards mousedev registers with input. Not sure if hid is
definitely needed.. anyway, it works. ;)

>  Section "InputDevice"
>          Identifier      "USB Mice"
>          Driver          "mouse"

try here:
	  Option	"SendCoreEvents"

>          Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>          Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
>          Option          "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
>          Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>         Option          "Buttons"                "5"
> EndSection

Regards,
  Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                            ftrenkam at uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653