Re: md5400 Network Problem

Hello again,
> > Hi,
> > -lsmod shows
> > Module Size Used by Not tainted
> [various filesystems.  you really use all of those?  The nice thing
> about modules is you don't have to load them until they're needed.]
no i dont need them ... i compiled a new kernel and have this all disabled

> Well, it isn't saying here that it hates you - the module *is* loaded.
> You should in fact be able to unload it and reload (with rmmod) to
> see the effect repeated.
now there is are the 8139* drivers compiled in kernel not module

-------------8<--------kernelconfig-------------8<-----------
CONFIG_8139CP=y
CONFIG_8139TOO=y
CONFIG_8139TOO_8129=y
-------------8<--------kernelconfig-------------8<-----------

> But please note that loading the module won't invoke ifconfig at the
> same time; there will be more to do.
ifconfig shows me that the device eth0 is up and configured right

> It is worth mentoning that there was more than one available module
> that can handle 8139 cards;  perhaps you need the other one.

on bootup there are this messages
8139too Fast Ethernet driver 0.9.24
PCI: Enabling device 00:08.0 (0000 -> 0003)
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:08.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 00:06.0
IRQ routing conflict for 00:0c.0, have irq 10, want irq 9
PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 00:0d.0
eth0: RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet at 0xd4824000, 00:40:ca:bc:97:e9, IRQ 9
eth0:  Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8139C'

> Anyways, the next part is, give us the messages that happen when you
> only unload and reload the 8139too module, and what ifconfig eth0 says
> after that.
i compile the kernel new with network as module so i can test this and send
new
entries when tested

thx boris