Re: ANN: new maintainer for Synaptics touchpad driver

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:24:34PM +0100, Anders Ellensh?j Andersen wrote:
> On Monday 13 January 2003 18:52, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
> > The driver is really great -- I use it on my Compaq Presario 1200
> > with woody. However, the binary driver is build for the newer
> > version of XFree86 than what's on woody, therefore I had to
> > compile it myself. If somebody would be willing to maintain woody
> > package, it would be really great.
>
> For the record I just tested it on sid and no luck there either. The server
> crashes on startup.

My laptop has unstable, and it worked. I had to change one thing though.
After following the INSTALL, the mouse is not recognized as
"CorePointer". I had to add something like Option: CorePointer to the
InputDevice section of the mouse.

When I hadn't done that, the server exited because no CorePointer was
defined.

Maybe something similar could help you?

(I'm not at my laptop, so I can't give the exact line I added)

> Anders

Greetings,
    Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.