Re: Setting the hardware clock

> I have problems adjusting the hardware clock on a Toshiba Portege 3110.
>  hwclock does not work in the same way as on other machines, it just
> doesn't  return or set anything.

This is probably unrelated, but I've had problems with my ancient Toshiba
486 (T1950CT). If I let the battery go flat, the RTC gets into a state in
which the linux software can't read or set it - it locks up. I have to
boot off a DOS floppy and set it from there, after which it's fine until
the battery goes flat again.
Richard