ANN: new maintainer for Synaptics touchpad driver

Hi,

please note, Stefan Gmeiner developer of the Synaptics touchpad driver
has given his work to a new maintainer David Kennedy dkennedy_AT_lab43.org
Stefan asked me to make this announcement because he is very busy.

Werner

The touchpad driver has the following functions (some functions require
features from the touchpad that must be present, multifinger taps for example):

- Movement with adjustable, non-linear acceleration and
  speed (Options: MinSpeed, MaxSpeed, AccelFactor)
- Button events through short touching of the touchpad
- Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad
- Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the touchpad
- Middle and right button events on the upper and lower
  corner of the touchpad (Option: Edges)
- Scrolling (button four and five events) through moving
  the finger on the right side of the touchpad (Options: Edges, VertScrollDelta)
- The up/down button sends button four/five events
- Adjustable finger detection (Option: Finger)
- Ext Mouse repeater support - Alpha! (Option: Repeater)
- Multifinger taps: two finger for middle button and three
  finger for right button events
- Online configuration through short-memory (in development) (Option: SHMConfig)

The source tar file contains a pre-compiled binary.· I highly recommend to use
the binary, because the source can't be compiled without the XFree86 sources.
The tar file contains the file <code>INSTALL</code>, which describes how to
modify your XF86Config-4 file. You may download it at
http://mobilix.org/touchpad_driver.html

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe_AT_mobilix.org>      T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86