Re: Woody, Orinico, and Airport Base Station DHCP

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 02:26:07PM -0700, Eric M. Winslow wrote:
> Here's my /etc/network/interfaces:
>
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> wireless_essid " THE NET"   #yeah, that extra space is legit

I have not tried with a space in the name. If it still doesn't work with
the below advice, I would (if I was you) try with a basic essid first.

> wireless_mode managed

As believe you can (should?) drop this line.

> wireless_key s:<key in ASCII>  #I have tried hex, too

I never get it working using the s: syntax.
It works perfectly for me with the following syntax:

wireless_enc HEXKEY

I have the airport base station configured to 128bits encryption.
Are you sure you have the good HEXKEY. It took me a few minutes to find
it in the MacOS-X config tool.

Christophe