Mailer for laptops (was: Re: new photos from my party!)

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 17:05, martin f krafft wrote:
> is this relevant to debian-laptop??? as i just stated in another post,
> why can't we just silently ignore viruses and spam, and not send
> upwards of 25 useless off-topic replies for every such message?
> *that's* bandwidth waste!

Oo... What a waste. I actually thought it was quite interesting.

And I found an on-topic question related to this:

Since this is a laptop-list, I'd be interested in hearing what people
use to read mail on their laptops. Reading mail on a laptop does require
that one can manage to read mail off-line as well as connected.
If you're using IMAP like me, you need to have some sort of caching or
you'll have to find a network to be able to access your messages. On the
other hand, a laptop if often not a good place for permanent storage, so
having local folders doesn't cut it.
Particularly, I'd like to hear about experiences with off-line operation
and IMAP in Evolution...

Cheers,
fabbe