Re: new photos from my party!

> > >and why not? some people read this mailing list from windows, sometimes...
> > >:-)

> > Quite a lot, really.

> My stats differ quite a lot:

Well, I processed my mail from THIS LIST (debian-laptop) ONLY and here
are the results:

Number of messages processed:  578

Have X-Mailer:             251
Have User-Agent:           221
Don't have any:            106

(one message - from "martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net>" at 28 Jan
2002 - contained both. It was counted only once!).

mutt            172
outlook          61
mozilla.all      47  (here Netscape<=>Mozilla)
   Linux - 33
   Win   - 12
   Sun   -  2
kmail            40
evolution        39
gnus             26
xfmail           14
exmh             13
sylpheed         10
elm              10
slrn              9
internet_mail     8
eudora            5
lotus_notes       5
www-mail          3
php_imap_webmail  2
forte             2
mulberry          1
mnews(Sun)        1
mailbox_webmail   1
emacs             1
aol               1
compuserve        1

Total           472

As you see "pine" does not include (by default!) any X-Mailer and/or
User-Agent stuff! So, I suppose that many of those 106 agents are
in fact pine's.

Well, Mutt is really popular. The second line is really dissapointing.
And I'm a kind of happy about the 3rd one.
Actually it would be interesting to read some statistics on the web
about this kind of stuff. Normally people talk only about "browser
wars". And what about mail agents? I guess there is at least a dozen of
agents which do exist but are not in the list above.

RS