Re: HP Omnibook 4100 was Re: IRQ Conflicts ?

On Friday 11 January 2002 07:23 pm, you wrote:
> Rob,
>
>    Your post is precisely what these lists are for and gives me some
> very helpful ideas!  Thanks!
>
>    I will try a few things to emulate what you did and report back
> as to what happens.

OK, just for shits & giggles, I did yet another google search and came across
this page: http://www.dynamic.net.au/christos/hp-omnibook-4100.html
I already had all the alsa and OSS Free stuff installed, so I went to work
converting my settings into the config shown there.
Rebooted the machine and started praying...
I'm now happily listening to mp3s on my laptop :-)

Alsa is still screwed, but the OSS output plugin in xmmsis clear as a bell.

-Rob